By showing interest to read this article, you have proved that you are serious about blogging and working hard to learn the steps to start a blog.
What’s better than following your passion and making passive income along. It’s a great way to start building your online career which could help you reach the new heights.
Do you want to make passive income on autopilot through blogging which helps you to live life like a boss? So starting a blog is the first and crucial step that leads you to success.
Alright, you can start blogging besides a regular job or whatever work you are doing, later when you start making a lot more money from your blog to sustain a healthy living via blogging. Although you may need to leave your work at the office and take blogging as your full-time career.
Your question might be how to start a blog for free or start it using paid services. Whatever your question is, you are going to get the answer after going through this article.
By means of blogging, you can do everything on your own, you need not have to hire an expert to create a blog for you. After reading this guide you will start your blog today and make a path for your success.
Today I’d like to give you every single step that you need to follow to create a profitable blog without doing a mistake and some bonus tips which help you to scale your new branded blog.
So let’s get started and go over how to make a blog and teach you how to become a blogger.
1. Choose a Good Niche for Your Blog
Finding a perfect Niche is the most crucial aspect of your blogging journey, this is where all the hard work relies on. Did you know? That 99% of bloggers quit blogging in starting 6 months because they choose the niche which they don’t passionate about.
Whatever topic you pick, you need to love it, and naturally curious about it. If you are still lost, think about what your family and friends come to you for when seeking advice? It might be technology, recipes, fitness.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Can I write about my topic without getting bored?
- Do I have enough passion for my topic?
- Do I have enough knowledge about my topic?
- Is there any audience for my topic?
- Can I write for 6 months without worrying about income from my blog?
- Am I ready to learn too many new things?
I think now you can find the perfect niche after seeing the above part, you are good to go know.
2. Find a Domain For Your Blog
Your blog name is your brand. The name of your blog is the most crucial part of success in blogging. A domain name is the identity of your blog or URL of a blog like I have Zoloroots.com, ShaikNadeem.com, etc.
Just remember these 3 secrets when picking a domain name for your blog.
- Easy to remember
- Easy to type
- Easy to pronounce.
If you can’t figure out the domain name for you after the tips so you can brainstorm domain name by using LeanDomainSearch which I personally use for getting domain name ideas for my clients.
You could follow these few rules which will help you to pick the best name for your new blog. Here are some of the tips from my experience:
- Prefer .com over others. They’re easier to remember.
- Try to keep your domain as short and keep it simple because it’s easy to remember.
- Try to use a keyword that represents what your blog is about.
- Avoid using numbers in your domain. They are difficult to remember.
- Make sure your domain name should not be confusing to the listener.
- For personal brands, use your name or a variation of it.
So once you have decided on your topic for blogging, the very next thing is a domain name. Companies like GoDaddy, NameCheap, BigRock are one of the top domain provider companies in the world.
As you can see in the above image, I searched for myfirstblogname.com (for example) and it is available. In the same way, you need to enter your desired domain name and register.
3. Find a Good Hosting For Your Blog
After the registration of your domain name, you need to buy hosting for your blog, where hosting is where WordPress will be installed. This is a server that stays online 24*7 and serves your blog whenever someone tries to access it. That is how your website will be up and running 24*7.
Few things to keep in mind before buying hosting
- Space: Your web hosting company must be offering unlimited space.
- Unlimited Domain Names: I have suggested a swift Plan above because it allows you to create unlimited websites on your server. So always go for the hosting providing unlimited domains.
- Support: This is very crucial. Your hosting company must have a 24×7 support system. In the case of any problem, you can contact them anytime and get your problem solved.
- Bandwidth: This is a little technical term. In short, your bandwidth decides the amount of traffic (number of visitors) your website can handle. So always go for unlimited bandwidth.
- Easiness To Manage: Various companies offer different types of admin dashboards to manage the hosting. I would recommend going for cPanel because this is one of the easiest dashboards to manage to host.
There are plenty of hosting service providers but for your blog. A2 Hosting is the idlest choice as it offers everything you need to create a blog. Features like:
- Unlimited websites
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Live chat support
- 30 days money-back guarantee
And the best part, it only cost $2.96/month. I personally recommend A2 Hosting.
Here are the steps to buy a hosting plan.
Step 1: Click on the link to activate 51%Off Coupon Of A2Hosting
Step 2: Click on get started button on the site.
As a newbie, you need SHARED HOSTING.
Shared hosting has the same servers shared with many users so this hosting comes at a very cheaper price as compared to other hosting options.
Click on the Compare Plans button.
Step 3: Select a SWIFT plan as you can host the unlimited number of sites, as well as you will get a FREE SSL certificate for all your sites and SSD hard disk.
Step 4: Select the option “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers” if you have already bought a domain. Please write the domain name very carefully and click on Use.
Step 5: The last stage is the billing, where you could select the plans according to your convenience. I would recommend you Select for 12 months if you’re a newbie.
You need not add any other services let it be the default because we can use and configure services with the help of plugins later, then click on Continue.
Step 6: On the next page, fill up your contact information. Pay special attention to package extras as you can skip a few things to save some money.
Congrats!! You have bought your hosting.
4. Grab All Social Media Identities
All big companies have integrated social media into their business.
They are launching their products exclusively on social media sites and interacting with their customers directly.
So the very first task after buying a domain, hosting and setting WordPress is grabbing all your social media identities.
5. Install and Setup WordPress
The first answer you should have is, where should you create your blog?
There is a lot of blogging platform which you can use to make your blog but I recommended you to go with WordPress.
Most of the Bloggers start blogging on the WordPress platform.
WordPress is popular because it’s easy to use.
Many hosting providers give one-click installation of WordPress from the admin dashboard.
Here is an interesting fact: 30% of the websites in the world are powered by WordPress.
In WordPress, you have many plugins and themes which you can use to make your blog Awesome!
In the case of any issue, you can get help from thousands of WordPress users in the community.
how to set up a WordPress blog for the first time.
6. Find a Perfect Theme For Your Blog
Blog design is the most important aspect of your blog because a good design will ensure that your visitors will love your blog. In fact, that is how your readers will remember your blog. Imagine your blog design as you with a nice outfit.
In blogging, designing the blog matters because if you don’t have a great design so you are losing a lot of traffic and audience. Good design helps to build more trust towards your readers.
In your WordPress inventory, there are a hell lot of free themes that are available for you but I don’t recommend you to go with that themes because these free themes are easy to hack and by this, you will lose your all website data.
There are many Free and premium WordPress themes out there. I always recommend to go for a premium theme because you will get all the support and starter guide, and moreover, you will have a quality design for your blog.
Some of my Favorite Themes (Personally Used)
- Astra theme: This is a lightweight theme which offers the template for all kind of blogs. Once you install this theme, you can pick from the ready-made template and your blog design will be ready within 30-45 minutes. This is a perfect companion for any new WordPress blog.
- Genesis: This is the costliest option, but certainly one of the best theme framework out there. You should opt for pro-package, which will let you access all their skins and future updates for free.
Few things to keep in mind before buying WordPress theme
- Make sure that you are buying an unlimited site license.
- The theme must be easy to manage.
- The theme must have compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
- The theme must be responsive (capable of changing the layout on a mobile device).
- The theme must suit your blog’s category.
You can check the guide to install a WordPress theme here.
7. Install Some Essential Plugins
There are thousands of WordPress plugins out there. Below I have mentioned only those plugins which you should install from day one.
WordPress without plugins is nothing because plugins are necessary to (Optimize your content, for SEO, Speed and many more). There are lots of plugins on WordPress but there are some plugins that I am currently using and making such things on autopilot.
Want to know the list of my favorite plugin?
Here are plugins which you should have on your newly created WordPress blog:
- Yoast SEO
- WP Rocket
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
You can find a list of best WordPress plugins here.
There are many more plugins, but the above plugins will ensure that you have all the basics plugin installed on your blog.
If you have followed, all the steps until now, your blog is up and ready.
Now, comes the part which you should be doing over the period of time and that is adding new content.
If you are wondering how to install the plugin? Let me help with you that,
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Then go to Plugins → Add New
- Then upload your plugin zip file and click on the “install now” button.
- After installing click on the “activate button” to install that particular plugin.
8. Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
Yeah.. Start writing from today itself.
Your blog is nothing without you. All you’ll have to do to make it a blog is start writing today.
No matter how well you are in English, no matter how much knowledge do you have about your subject, and no matter how do you feel about your writing, your blog will grow only and only when you’ll start writing.
With time you’ll start getting writing ideas, and your readers will start enjoying/reading what you say.
But the first thing is WRITING.
You can use Grammar checking tools like Grammarly and ProWritingAid to write error-free content easily.
Take help from your friends, read more about your subject, pay attention to the newspaper and start collecting the fresh ideas about your subject.
You are just one step away to open the door of blogging for you.
Now, Make money from blogging in easy steps
There are many ways by which your blog can earn passive income for you.
Here are some of the most popular ways:
Affiliate Marketing: This is one of the awesome methods for making money online. In this, you have to promote other products on your blog and if you get a sale of that product so then you will get a commission from the product owner.
Advertising on your blog: Most of the common ways ever blogger uses this to monetize their traffic and make money handsome money out of it. Many bloggers are using it and making a decent amount of money.
Two main websites – Adsense and Media.net, You can apply to there program and make money from there.
Offering Service: If you are an expert on anything like SEO so you can offer service to your reader and you will be directly paid by them. This is one of the fastest ways to earn money from your blog.
Selling your own course or product: If you know how to sell anything so you can create your course and sell to your readers but before that, you have to build trust towards your audience if you already have an audience then you can sell them anything.
These are the ways that you can use to make money from your blog. But always remember that if you want to make money from your blog so you have to keep patience and do hard work on your blog and you will definitely see your massive growth.